Toplap Gel 10gm
About Toplap Gel 10 gm
Toplap Gel 10 gm belongs to the class of local anaesthetics known as ‘numbing medication’ used to produce local numbness (anaesthesia) on skin before surgical procedure or injections. Pain is a symptom triggered by the nervous system, which causes uncomfortable sensations in the body. Pain may be dull or sharp, it might be constant or intermittent. The tolerance level of pain might vary from person to person.
Toplap Gel 10 gm is a combination of amide-type local anaesthetics: Lidocaine and Prilocaine. Toplap Gel 10 gm blocks the influx (entry) of sodium ions into the membrane that surrounds the nerves, thereby preventing initiation and conduction of impulses. Hence, it gives an anaesthetic effect and helps decrease the sensation of pain.
Use Toplap Gel 10 gm as suggested by your doctor. Do not apply it to broken, irritated skin or open wounds unless directed by your doctor. In some cases, you may experience certain common side-effects such as reactions at the application site (burning, itching, redness and irritation). Most of these side-effects do not require medical attention and will resolve gradually over time. However, you are advised to talk to your doctor if you experience these side-effects persistently.
Before using Toplap Gel 10 gm, tell your doctor about your medical history, especially if you have broken skin/infection in the area where Toplap Gel 10 gm to be applied, heart disease, liver disease, a certain blood disorder (methemoglobinemia). Inform your doctor before using Toplap Gel 10 gm if you plan to get pregnant, are pregnant or breastfeeding. If Toplap Gel 10 gm comes in contact with eyes, nose, mouth, rectum, or vagina rinse with water immediately. Do not apply Toplap Gel 10 gm on the swollen skin areas or deep puncture wounds. Inform your doctor about your health condition and medications before using Toplap Gel 10 gm to rule out any side-effects.
Uses of Toplap Gel 10 gm
Pain (during surgical procedure and injections)
Toplap Gel 10 gm is a combination of amide-type local anaesthetics, namely: Lidocaine and Prilocaine. Toplap Gel 10 gm is used to produce local numbness (anaesthesia). It is used to numb the normal, unbroken skin or on the outer genital area to prevent pain before surgical procedures such as inserting a needle, skin grafts or skin laser surgery. Toplap Gel 10 gm works by blocking the transmission of the nerve signals in the body, thereby helps in decreasing the sensation of pain.
Directions for Use
It must be applied to intact skin before the surgical procedure. Apply a thin layer with clean and dry hands on the skin. You can also apply it with a piece of clean cotton wool or a gauze swab. Gently rub the medicine into the skin until it is disappeared. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using Toplap Gel 10 gm.
Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight
Side Effects of Toplap Gel 10 gm
- Mild burning at the site of the application
- Changes in skin colour at the site of application
In-Depth Precautions and Warning
Use the recommended dose of Toplap Gel 10 gm to numb the skin. Do not exceed the dose and duration and don’t cover treated skin areas with a bandage without the doctor’s advice. In some cases, Toplap Gel 10 gm can cause fatal side effects such as uneven heartbeats, seizure (convulsions), coma, slowed breathing or respiratory failure (breathing stops), if too much of the medicine is absorbed through the skin. Consult your doctor before using Toplap Gel 10 gm if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, your doctor will prescribe you Toplap Gel 10 gm only if the benefits outweigh the risks. Toplap Gel 10 gm causes drowsiness, so drive with caution. Avoid consuming alcohol along with Toplap Gel 10 gm as it could lead to increased drowsiness. Toplap Gel 10 gm may not be suitable for people with a blood disorder, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency, kidney or liver problems. Inform your doctor about your health condition and medications before using Toplap Gel 10 gm to rule out any side-effects.
Drug-Drug Interaction: Toplap Gel 10 gm may have interaction with antimalarial drugs (chloroquine, quinine), medicines used to treat seizures (fits) (phenobarbital, phenytoin, primaquine), heart rhythm and blood pressure-lowering medication (amiodarone, dofetilide, dronedarone, mexiletine, sotalol, tocainide, nitroprusside, nitroglycerin, isosorbide), antibiotics (nitrofurantoin).
Drug-Food Interaction: Avoid consuming alcohol along with Toplap Gel 10 gm as it could lead to increased drowsiness.
Drug-Disease Interaction: Toplap Gel 10 gm may interact with a blood disorder, heart dysfunction, liver problems and kidney dysfunction.
- You are recommended to avoid alcohol consumption while using Toplap Gel 10 gm. Alcohol intake, along with Toplap Gel 10 gm, may cause increased drowsiness.
- Toplap Gel 10 gm is pregnancy category B drug. If a lady is pregnant then they can use the medicine only after the doctor’s recommendation. Please consult your doctor if you have any concerns regarding this, your doctor will prescribe you Toplap Gel 10 gm only if the benefits outweigh the risks.
- BREAST FEEDING
- Toplap Gel 10 gm can be only be used in breastfeeding mothers after the doctor’s suggestion.
- Toplap Gel 10 gm may cause drowsiness, do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you feel drowsy.
- Toplap Gel 10 gm should be used with caution in patients with liver impairment/liver disease. Dose adjustment may be needed. Please consult your doctor if you have a liver impairment or any concerns regarding this.
- Toplap Gel 10 gm is safe if prescribed to the doctor in patients with serious kidney disease. Please ask your doctor and tell them about all of your liver problems.
Diet & Lifestyle Advise
- Maintain a healthy weight by performing regular low-strain exercises and eating healthy food.
- Get adequate sleep as resting the muscles can help in reducing inflammation and swelling.
- De-stress yourself by meditating, reading books, taking a warm bubble bath or listen to soothing music.
- Eat food rich in antioxidants such as berries, spinach, kidney beans, dark chocolate, etc.
- Foods containing flavonoids help in reducing inflammation. These include soy, berries, broccoli, grapes and green tea.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Do not apply near eyes or open wounds.
- Inform your doctor right away if you develop blistering of the skin where the medication is applied.
Curatio Health Care (I) Pvt Ltd
Question & Answer
There are no question found.
Rating & Review
There are no reviews yet.