NICOGUM 2 PAAN MASALA FLAVOURED Chew Gum 10’s
Nicotine, the primary alkaloid in tobacco products and a naturally occurring autonomous substance, is a nicotine receptor agonist in the peripheral and central nervous systems and has pronounced CNS and cardiovascular effects.
Cipla Nicogum is administered to those who require NRT therapy. The principal mechanism of action of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) is to partially replace the nicotine formally obtained from tobacco. It provides small and sustained quantities of nicotine without the harmful gases of smoking to reduce the severity of withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Cipla Nicogum is available in 2mg and 4mg strips. 2gm is administered to those who smoke 20 or fewer cigarettes a day.
- Cipla Nicogum is indicated for smoking cessation therapy. It reduces withdrawal symptoms including nicotine craving associated with quitting smoking/chewed tobacco and gutka-containing tobacco.
- The chewing gums should be used whenever there is an urge to smoke.
- Continue use for up to three months to break the habit of smoking and then gradually reduce the gum use.
- The smoker should stop smoking completely when he/she begins using the gum. In smokers currently unable or not ready to stop smoking abruptly, the gum may also be used as part of a program to reduce smoking before stopping completely.
How to Use
- Cipla Nicogum 2 Nicotine Gum can be consumed 8 – 12 pieces a day.
- Chew the gum slowly until there is a nicotine taste.
- Once you feel the nicotine taste, keep the gum in between the cheek and your teeth.
- Nicotine is released from the gum which gets absorbed through the cheek.
- Chew the gum again when the taste fades.
- During the 1 st to 6 th week, one gum should be taken every 1 – 2 hours.
- During the 7 th to 9 th week, take one gum every 2 – 4 hours.
- Lastly, during the 10 th to 12 th week, one gum every 4 – 8 hours is enough.
- Normally, treatment should continue for at least 3 months.
- Taking prescription medicine for depression or asthma alongside can produce side effects with nicotine.
- Nicotine can increase blood pressure. If you have high blood pressure, consult your doctor before starting the dosage for Cipla Nicogum 2 Nicotine Gum.
- People with stomach ulcers or diabetes should administer caution while taking Nicogum.
- In the presence of unstable heart disease, recent myocardial infarction or irregular heartbeats, caution should be rendered as nicotine can increase the heart rate.
- Keep it away from the reach of smaller children.
- Store it in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
FAQ’s About Nicogum 2 Paan Masala Flavoured Chew Gum 10’s
Q: How much Nicogum is safe for daily consumption?
A: Do not use more than 24 gums per day, if you are using Nicogum 2 mg chewing gum and 15 gums per day if you are using Nicogum 4 mg chewing gum. If you experience strong or frequent cravings, you may use a second Nicogum chewing gum within the hour.
Q: How many days does NRT treatment last?
A: Normally, NRT treatment lasts for at least 3 months. After 3 months, the user should gradually cut down the number of pieces chewed each day until they have stopped using the product.
Question & Answer
There are no question found.
Rating & Review
There are no reviews yet.